At SimpleLegal, we believe data can change the world. Data makes it easier for companies to interact with their customers, vendors, and partners.
SimpleLegal connects billing data from law firms with customers that use Xero accounting software. Connecting SimpleLegal to Xero is simple and secure. Once connected, an invoice can be entered into Xero's beautiful accounting software with just one click.
Follow these simple steps to connect to Xero. Or, scroll down to the 1-minute how-to video (also available here: http://xero.simplelegal.com/)
How to Connect SimpleLegal to Your Xero Account
1. On the SimpleLegal My Company page, click the "Connect to Xero" button.
2. A new browser window or tab will open to the Xero.com site where you can login to your Xero account.
3. Verify that your company is selected and click "Authorize" to authorize SimpleLegal to connect to your Xero application.
At this point, the window will close and you'll be directed back to the SimpleLegal app. That's it! You only need to connect once. You can de-authorize SimpleLegal at any time from the Xero Add-Ons page.
How to Send an Invoice to Your Xero Account
1. From the SimpleLegal Invoices screen, click on an invoice to go to the invoice you want to send to Xero.
2. On the SimpleLegal invoice screen, if your account is authorized to connect to Xero, you can click the "Send to Xero" button.
3. An alert will pop-up letting you know that you have successfully submitted your invoice to Xero. You will also see an "Open in Xero" link that will direct you to the invoice in your Xero application.
Invoices are sent to Xero with a Pending Status even though they have been approved in SimpleLegal. Many accounting departments have their own workflow for payment approvals.
We value and appreciate customer feedback. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make this process better for you.